- Moving and spreading dirt – A front end loader fitted with a stick rake can be used to move and spread soil across large areas.
- Landscaping – To prepare the soil for landscaping operations, use a stick rake to grade and level it. It can also be used to create paths and clean dirt off of plants and shrubs.
- Debris removal – A stick rake can also be used to clear debris from a site, including sticks, stones, and other trash.
- Getting the ground ready for construction – The stick rake can be used to level the ground when building a patio or a foundation, for instance. It is useful for removing dirt from a specific area and for excavating.
- Brush and root removal – A front end loader with a stick rake can be used to clear tough brush and roots from a construction site. This would be particularly useful for bigger projects that a shovel or pick axe couldn’t handle.